”are they ignoring me or did their message just fail to send” - a novel by me
1. You traced the outline of my lips over and over and over again until you knew them like the first line of your favorite book. I found that book in the garbage bin inside your room last night. fuck.
2. You’re in me. Every part of me. I’ve got you in the tips of my fingers and the spaces inside my ribcage, you’re on my tongue and in my teeth and I tore myself apart trying to get you out of me but you’re still here
3. Do you remember when we stayed in that motel with the shower that got cold after 5 minutes and thin blankets so we showered together and twisted into each other while we slept? We got locked out of the room and you picked the lock with a credit card and got us back in. I tried to lock you out of my heart but you keep picking the fucking lock.
4. The way your tongue molds words into stars in your mouth that burn my skin when you speak
5. Yeah I liked you but I figured you were nothing more than someone to kiss when I was bored and then suddenly I’m laying in bed and thoughts of you wash over me like a tidal wave and everything was you. you. you. you. and your voice and your laugh and the way your eyes lit up when you told me you loved me and the way you bit your lip and pushed my hair off my face when you kissed me. I drowned when I realized I was in love with you. I still find myself coughing up water sometimes.
6. Saying your name makes my lungs collapse in on themselves I swear to god I feel so sick when I think about you. You’re all I think about
7. You told me you missed me and I think I died. Maybe thats why I’m always so numb.
8. You were mine and I was yours and we were bulletproof. I should’ve seen this coming when I found that gun in your underwear drawer
9. You planted flowers in my backyard and I ripped them out of the ground after you left but they keep growing back
10. I’ve got scars and they spell out your name❞